Friday 2 July 2010

It's Finally hereeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!!!! I just wanted to tell you the good news, what the hell, not good EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!! DIAC granted my visa!! that's right, I'm an Australian permanent resident!!! Yupi!!! :) Ok, I have to enter Australia before march 2011 to activate it but still I'm an Australian resident!!!!

I received and email from my migrant agent last week telling me the good news and she attached the letter where it says they approved my visa!! This letter also contains details about the different dates to have in mind, like the last day I have to enter Australia in order to activate my visa and the date that it expairs and it has other important information.

I've decided to travel to Australia between January and February since I need to save more money for this big adventure!!! Besides, I don't want to leave right away, I want to spend more time with my family and friends, spend christmas and new years with them as well. 

I must take my passport and the letter to the Australian embassy so they can stamp the visa in it.Fortunatelly, it's not personal, I mean, it's not mandatory for me to go to the embassy in person. Since I live 1200 kms from Buenos Aires (where the embassy is) I think I'm going to send it by mail and they will return it to me by the time they are finished. If I don't feel sure about sending it by mail I will probably go to Bs As and do it myself.

When I think about all the things that I have to do in this 7 months I get so anxious!!!!!!!!!! I need to translate some documents, find somewhere to live once I'm in Melbourne (at least for the first weeks); do I take my money on me or do I open a bank account before leaving and transfer my money before travelling? I also rent the apartment where I'm currently living so I have to give it back in perfect conditions; sell my things, sell my car....uff!! too many things!

In future posts I will be talking about those things. I just wanted to tell you that if you are in the process of getting an australian visa, don't lose hope!! you will get it!! I know that as time passes by, it's more and more difficult to do it but not impossible!! So if you really want it GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!
Maitena

1 comment:

Maitena said...

"Snap:

Congratulations!

I stumbled across your blog weeks ago and took another peak today. I look forward to hearing about your experiences/impressions of Australia, when you arrive."
-----------------------------------

Snap, I don't know what I did while trying to approve your comment because it suddenly disappear!!! However I was able to copy it first so I pasted it above.

By the way, thank you for your comment!!! I'm really happy!!!! I want to go to Australia and start a new chapter in my life!!!

Cheers!!!