Wednesday 30 December 2009

Before the departure...

Since I've started with the process to obtain the australian visa, I've heard different people saying that it's a good idea to do certain things in your country before going to kangarooland. For instance, it's a great idea to go to the eye doctor for the necessary check ups and in case you need glasses, you should do it in your country since it's quite expensive to do so in Oz. I wear glasses since I was 18 years old, at the beginning it was just to rest my sight, but as years went by I started to need them more and more. Nowadays I wear them for reading and especially when I'm driving at night.

Another important thing to do is to go to the Dentist!!!! We (people in general) have to make an effort...even though we're not so fond of the idea!!! You have to make the best out of those visits to the dentist, especially if you need to use Dental Braces which is a very loonnnngggg process!!! and painful!! :( I talk from experience!!! I had to use dental braces twice in my life!!! The first time when I was 13 years old; I used them for a year and the second time I was a little bit older, I was 25 years old. I remember when I went to the dentist in 2007, the doctor looked at me and said that I should had started the treatment "yesterday", meaning I had to start RIGHT NOW!! So I analyzsed my personal economy and decided to accept. It was a long process and sometimes very painful!! but after a year and 10 months I can happily say that the doctor has taken them off!!! I'm braces free!!! The truth is that it was a very positive decision since my teeth are where they're suppose to be!!! I have to go to the dentist every 45 days for a check up, so the sacrifice made was worth it!!!

So you know now, go to the doctor!!! that way if you need to do something regarding your health, you do it before leaving your country!!

Cheers!!
Maitena

No comments: