Tuesday 24 November 2009

Beginning of the process....

The process to migrate to Australia is quite complex, for that reason, I decided to hire a company that  provides a certain service...(in exchange of a teeny tiny amount of money...jeje); this service, obviously, is to help you thoroughout the entire process.  My only obligations would be to send them all of the documents required by DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship), and also sit for the IELTS (International English Testing System)....off course.
I surfed the web and I found different agencies that help you with this process; there are two outside Argentina, especifically in Australia and U.K and the other one is in Argentina (I'm sure there are more agencies but I didn't keep looking). The two agencies outside this continent give you advice through the process; depending on the amount of money you are willing to pay, you have a certain number of phone calls to make questions. The problem here is that you have to do everything by yourself, from documents' traslations to filling different forms that you need to send to DIAC.
On the other hand, with the agency located in Argentina, you can relax because this agency does everything for you (well, almost everything). It has certain advantages, especially for those who don't have the time to do everything that the process demands from you. Besides, the people from the agency tell you about the constant migration changes and they advice you on what's the best choice to make.  The agency's name is Viva en Australia (VEA (Live in Australia)) and it's located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It also offers its services to different countries in Latin America. It could be a good or a bad decision to hire an agency; it depends on personal circumstances but in my particular case I can say that it was the best decision I could've made (well, so far...) since I don't have enough time to do it by myself so it would've taken me many months to get everthing done.
In a future post I'm going to talk about the assessment for my profession and the IELTS.

Cheers!!!
Maitena

1 comment:

jonharules said...

Wow, you have such a high band score! Congratulations! I'm currently waiting for my IELTS results and I'm so glad that you made it. I wouldn't be surprised if you're currently in Oz as I post this comment. haha