Wednesday 11 November 2009

Why do I want to go to another country????

With this new post I'm going to talk about where the idea of moving to another country comes from, and in order to do so, I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself.  I am an accountant and I graduated from University two and half years ago. Luckily, I'm working as an accountant which it's excellent considering that the economic situation in Argentina is not the best (it hasn't been for a long time now) and it's quite difficult to find a job nowadays, especially in your field.
Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I have always wanted to participate in one of those exchanging programs; you know, when you go to another country with the excuse of "learning English". Once there, you stay with a local family and then, in the future you are going to return the favour, by giving a place to live to a member of that family. I remember looking brochures about these programs and talking about them to my parents because I wanted to see if they could afford sending me to another country. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't go because I also have a brother and a sister who are younger than me so the money was put to a better use (which, if you think about it, was reasonable, although I didn't like it at that moment!!)
Years went by, I went to college, studied and graduated and even though, I never stopped thinking about it, that dream was never acomplished. The reason for that was because I didn't have time since I was busy with finals and off course I didn't have enough money!
On the other hand, once I graduated and started working, those crazy ideas about participating in an exchange program appeared again! So I began searching the internet trying to find a program according to my qualifications. However, I couldn't find anything because all of the programs requiered me to have at least one year experience in my field. That is why I decided to work an entire year and then look for the right program.
As you can see, the idea of leaving Argentina has always been in my head but just as a 4 month experience or a year...top. I never thought of leaving my country for good.
Well, I think this is a very long post!!! In the next post I'm going to write about the reasons for choosing Australia and the reasons for making this "exchange" a little bit longer than usual.......

Cheers!!!
Maitena

No comments: