Wednesday 18 November 2009

Reasons to emigrate....

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I always wanted to go to another country to have a new life experience and to be in touch with other cultures because it really opens your mind and it allows you to think differently.  The reason for that is because you have the chance to see other realities, so the way you see and perceive things change.
I couldn't be part of any exchanging program in the past years; however, last October something went over me (who knows what!!..:) and said "I'm leaving!" The reasons for leaving my country were just that I wanted to have a change in my life, meet new people, learn different ways to get your work done, live in a country where people speak another language (well, that language would be English because that's the one I know and like!! :), anyway, I think I was looking for a challenge. By that time I had already decided that my destination would be Australia...why?? Because I liked the fact that it's an organized, developed country, it's a place where laws are followed, people respect each other, great quality of life, you work and yet you have time for yourself.  The opposite of what it's going on in Argentina; that's the other reason to emigrate (anywhere, as long as it's better than here).
Sadly, Argentina is no longer liveable; the education level has decreased, there are more homeless people who don't even have money to eat!!! there are no jobs, prices are over the roof, robberies, crimes, a Government that's better not to talk about it...ignorant people are easier to handle and this Gorvernment is taking advantage of that fact. That's how things are in this country.  For things to get better, there should be a new Government NOW!! and even if it worked perfectly, we would see the results many years from now...and to be true I don't think it's going to change any time soon.
As you can imagine, I don't want to wait until I'm an old ladie to see an improvement , that is why I decided to leave!!!!!!!!! I know it's not going to be easy but the good thing is that I'm going to work hard and as a consequence, I'm going to see good results; that's the enormous difference and it makes me realize that all the effort that I'm going to make (like leaving my family behind, my friends, everything I know), it's going to be worth it.
And that is why, instead of an exchange program, I decided to go to Australia to start a new life!!! With a lot of hope and lots of dreams!!!

Cheers!!!
Maitena

No comments: